Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Faeroe Island Mittens Update

You know that saying: "three times lucky"? Well, I hope "they" know what they're talking about!

The first time I began the Faeroe Island Mittens, I frogged them after deciding that the cuff was just too loose for my skinny little wrist [and how is it that you can have thin wrists and fat ankles???].....[note to self: thank Mum for fat ankles]...

The second time I began the mittens, I used 2.25mm needles for the cuff, 2.5mm needles for the fair isle, AND reduced the number of stitches by 10 in both length and width (see post below with pics before frogging). I knit half the mitten, and then when I tried it on, it just didn't fit quite right. It was too big again.

After posting to the Jamieson & Smith Lovers Group on Ravelry, I learned that I could go down to a very small needle with the Shetland Spindrift yarn.

So, I'm going to start this project AGAIN because I love the yarn and the colours. Wish me luck!

No comments: