Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Come from a Land Downunder

Yeah, yeah, I know you all KNOW that I come from a land downunder, but what some of you might not know is that I'm going home to Australia for a vacation [you little rippa]! I'm so excited to see my family and friends!


My parents live in Grafton, New South Wales (The Jacaranda City) situated on the Clarence River. The Jacaranda is a tree native to South America and grows to 30m. It has the most awesome mauve/blue bell shaped flowers during summer. The streets of Grafton are lined with Jacarandas and the city has an annual festival during the first week of November in honour of the tree.


Grafton Clock Tower


Clarence River, Grafton

Jacaranda Flowers and Tree

My sister lives in Lismore, New South Wales. Lismore is about 1.5hrs drive north of Grafton on the far north coast of NSW, and situated on the Wilson River. I worked in Lismore at Southern Cross University until I came to Canada. My sister works there still. My niece Emily lives in Lismore.

View of Lismore from Goonellabah


Wilsons River, Lismore

My brother lives in Brisbane, Queensland. Brisbane is about 3hrs drive north of Lismore and situated on the Brisbane River. My brother owns his own business, Weiss Electrical. My nieces Karlia and Jaycee live in Brisbane. My Aunt and her family also live in Brisbane.


Brisbane, Queensland

Brisbane River

I hope the weather is kinder to me on this trip. My last holiday in Australia was flooded out!

Only 34 more sleeps to go! Woo hoo!

No comments: