Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stash Bag and Alpaca Hat

Last night a few of us got together at Chapters/Starbucks for a "Stitch and Bitch". I can honestly say we did both exceptionally well - some of us did better at the latter than the former [laughing].

I took along a couple of FOs for "show and tell"; my Pacific Hoodie, Gerlinde Scarf and Alpaca Earflap Cap. I've blogged about the hoodie and scarf, so now the cap gets all the glory.


This cap came in a knit kit from Alpaca Acres, Stratford, Ontario. I chose grey and white figuring they are both neutral and go with everything. Originally this cap was to be for me, but I decided to make it for my lovely sister-in-law, Theresa, for Christmas.

The yarn was an absolute delight to knit with, and the cap knit up really fast. I began it after lunch on Friday and finished it after lunch on Saturday! I think the fiddliest part of the project was [no, not the fairisle] the applied I-cord around the edge of the hat and earflaps. I've never done applied I-cord before, so it took a few tries before I got the right tension.

Voila - one lovely alpaca cap:



After "show and tell", I attempted to cast on my Suedtirolean Hat, but given the poor light and combination of 3.25mm needles, black yarn and brain freeze, all I really achieved was a buggered up cast on that was frogged when I got home.

On Friday morning I went with a friend to Canadian Tire for some electrical bits to repair our GFI outlet beside Pork Chop pond. Whilst there, we roamed around the Christmas aisles....always such fun. And that's where I spotted it. The tag read "Christmas Wreath Protector", but by knitting radar read YARN STASH BAG [this baby comes fully loaded with an awesome zipper, clear viewing window, and carry handle].

I got it home, aired it out, and here it is filled with some of my sock weight yarn stash that had been residing in a box:


For $9.98, I might have to get another one!

No comments: