Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another Birthday - But Not Mine!

Friday, 3rd April was a birthday celebration for my friend, Kata of Odd-ish Creations!

Some time ago, plans were laid to go to Alpaca Acres (Stratford, Ontario) and Shall We Knit (New Hamburg, Ontario) for Kata's birthday. Deb, Will and Kata picked me up around 5pm and off we set!

The day was rainy, windy and c-c-c-cold, but that didn't stop our fun and celebrations.

First stop was Alpaca Acres to catch up with Anne and Dan and their absolutely adorable alpacas:


Of course, I had to buy some yarn - another skein of Madison in a light sport weight @ 188yds:


Kat, Laura and Allie joined us at the alpaca farm, and from there we ventured on to Shall We Knit. Karen was a lovely hostess as always, and supplied us with paper plates, forks and knives and somewhere to do the whole birthday thing. Thanks Karen!

I baked Kata a Hummingbird Cake for her birthday:


And Kata and Will also baked - a Rainbow Cake:


While I was at Shall We Knit, I entered my Shibui Reds into the Ruby Red Sock Competition. Cat Bordhi is going to judge the winner!! PLUS, I'm going to meet her in person on 22nd May! Woo hoo!


What a great day. Happy Birthday Kata :-)

No comments: