Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quickie

My life is a blur. Work, work, work, knit, sleep. Over and over and over. It's like that movie - Groundhog Day.....

My working life is totally interfering with my knitting life.

As a quick update regarding the Red Sock competition - I did not win a prize for my red socks, however, my friend Laura and another Londoner, Mary Jane, did win prizes! Good for them both!!

I have so many WIPs, and not many FOs. From mid April to mid July I have six birthdays that I knit for. These birthdays couldn't occur at a worse time for me in terms of my lack of time. However, I've been soldiering along and my production line is moving, albeit slowly.

Last week I sent off the Cerulean Blue Ayla (felted backpack) for Karlia. Her birthday is on 12 June, so it should arrive in Australia in plenty of time. It turned out really well, and I hope she loves it as much as I loved knitting it.



Cerulean Blue Ayla

Last week I also finished off the Gerlinde Wavy Feathers Wimple for my Mum for her birthday on 8 June. I already phoned her and apologised profusely for its late arrival. She was very understanding [smiling].



Gerlinde WFW

Yesterday I cast on the last [hopefully] of the felted backpacks! This one is for Emily (birthday on 16th July) and I have called it the Tangerine Ayla. Emily's favourite colour is orange, so I figured I would hand dye some Cascade 220 for it. Well, I should have stopped when I had a couple of very pretty skeins of orange, but noooooooo....I had to go spoil it all by sprinkling a bit of blue on it before nuking it in the microwave.

Although it's not HIDEOUS, it isn't gorgeous either. I suppose it's growing on me, but it just doesn't yell ..... Tangerine Ayla for a 5yr old little girl. So I bought some pretty orange Cascade instead.



Mouldy Oranges

And now I'm off to knit!

No comments: