Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Dooooooo!

No, it's not Muriel's Wedding, it's Maria's wedding!

Saturday 29th August, 2009 - Maria and Dave finally tied the knot! An absolutely beautiful wedding at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Stratford.

There were tears in my eyes as Maria and Dave exchanged vows - they had waited such a long time for this very special moment, and in front of their friends and family they declared their love and were united in marriage.

Nadine has also blogged about Maria's gorgeous day on her blog here.

Maria wore a beautiful hot pink crepe backed satin dress made by her mother-in-law, together with an absolutely gorgeous silk/bamboo version of a vogue knitting pattern - Lace Shrug from the Spring/Summer 2008 edition.

The struggle with gauge and numerous errata were more than worth it! The shrug was fabulous and looked stunning on her! Everybody was talking about it!

I'll let the photos speak for themselves:

Congratulations Maria and Dave! May you both enjoy a lifetime of love and happiness together!


Maria and Dave
The Shrug!
Maria and Dave
Barb, Maria, me, Nadine

Nadine, Bob and me
Barb & Bob

Maria


No comments: