Thursday, October 21, 2010

In One Hand and Out the Other

Money, that is!  And lots of it [grumble, grumble].

The last two weeks have been crazy!  Savings have taken flight - gobbled up as quickly as I consume chocolate!

First there was the electric hot water heater, then there was the pressure tank for the well.  On the heels of those two followed the plumbing for the greenhouse and the fuse block and wiring harness for the van [ouch!].  Towards the end of the week, the cats went to the vet for their annual wellness check-ups and vaccinations.  I swear it'd be cheaper to tuck 'em under my jumper and go to my regular doctor!  And the salt in the wound was a leak in the ceilings of the bathroom and hallway that required drywall repairs and re-painting.

Bathroom (before)

Bathroom (after)

Hallway (before)

Hallway (after)

Now I need a bank error in my favour [LOL].

I did manage some knitting in amongst all the household drama.  I knit socks for Mum for Christmas.  I modified the Easygoing pattern by Linda Fisher to include and extra cable repeat down the front of the sock.  I also alternated two different cables throughout the sock.  This sock was knit from Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label Cashmere Sock.  What an absolute delight to knit with this yarn!

Easygoing with a Twist

I am halfway through socks for Dad's birthday.  The pattern is Alpaca Sox Socks by Joan from the Little Red Mitten.  I'm knitting these socks using Classic Elite Yarns Alpaca Sox in the blue gray colorway.  Another lovely yarn to knit with.

And finally, I am about a third of the way through Seneca, a Jared Flood Pullover.  I'm using Cascade Yarns 220 Heathers.  Like some other knitters, I found that the gauge for this pullover was not accurate.  I knit a swatch and measured it, and was right on with gauge (as usual).  I knit the usual size 38, but it was massive!  I dropped down to a size 36 AND I dropped down a needle size!

Bring on the weekend!

No comments: