Monday, November 29, 2010

SANDI PANDI IS A CELEBRITY!!

For those of you who know me best, you know I have three passions in life:

• Chocolate
• Yarn
• Cats

Try as I might, I have not been able to combine all three into one big box of delicious loveliness! I came close last year when I knit the Darkside Cowl combining a silk/cashmere blend in the "chocolate" colourway. Mmmm....chocolate.... This combination of yarn and chocolate was most satisfying!


So last week, with the awesome help of Deborah Knight, CMO at Yarnmarket, I was able to combine yarn with a feline!

Many of you have met the adorable and beautiful love of my life, little Sandi Pandi Smooch Pooch.....


Well, I'm absolutely delighted to announce that Sandi Pandi is now available as yarn!!!!!!!! Her Fabulous Feline Yarn has just been launched!!

OMG!!!!! Can you believe it? We're totally ecstatic!  Who's a good girl?  Who's a good girl then??

My Little Miss Canada!! Sandi doesn't fully understand what all the fuss is about, but she likes the extra attention. I knew my little girl had star potential!

Last year, as part of a competition, I sent her glam shots to Yarnmarket. Sandi didn't win any prizes at that time, but she did win the hearts of some voters, and the powers that be :-) Deborah told me she'd keep Sandi's photos on file for use in future yarn.

And lo and behold...a year later, this most wonderful news! Whoooooooot! Sandi will be forever immortalized in yarn! A celebrity in the Webb family!

Here is Sandi's winning photo:


And following are the details of the yarn from the Yarnmarket website:

"Felines Chunky" Yarn
A Yarnmarket exclusive! This high quality chunky yarn is made with sumptuously soft 100% merino wool that provides outstanding stitch definition. For an interesting twist, it's been hand-dyed by Iris Schreier of Artyarns to capture the many colors of cats. From tabbies to tortoise shells, we know how much cat lovers adore their feline friends, and we're certain yarn lovers will want to knit an original creation to match their own Fabulous Feline. Each color is named after an actual pussycat whose photo was submitted by a knitter.

Product Information
Brand: Fabulous Felines
Yarn Name: Felines Chunky
Fiber Content: Wool
Ball Weight: 100g
Yardage: 110yd
Texture: Plied
Yarn Weight: Chunky
Gauge: 3.5 stitches per 4.0 inches/10cm
Needle Sizes: 10.5 US
Care: Machine Wash &; Dry Flat

And here is the Sandi Pandi colourway from the Yarnmarket website:

1117 - Sandi Pandi Smooch Pooch

Last week Yarnmarket ran a contest on their blog, Shear Bagatelle. The contest was open to the public, and their goal was to correctly identify where Sandi Pandi comes from. Enthusiastic readers nailed it in three hours!! Totally amazing huh? The final winner, Michelle, from Portland, Oregon, won a skein of Sandi Pandi's Fabulous Feline Yarn, and a few other readers scored Yarnmarket fabric bags. Congratulations to you all!

A heartfelt THANK YOU to Deb from Yarnmarket, and all her amazing staff for this fantastic honour!  Sandi also says:  "meow, meow, meooooooooooooow".  Loosely translated this means, "feed me, feed me, feed me nooooooow", but I think she really meant "thank you for this purrrrrfectly fabulous yarn".

ETA:  Here's the Yarnmarket blog blurb.

No comments: