Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye to 2010

And so another year draws to a close.  Don't you find that each year seems to go by faster and faster? 

New Year's Eve always finds me kicking back and thinking about the year behind me and what I achieved.  In all honesty, 2010 was fraght with difficulty, and I'm finding it hard to remember the positive things.  All I can say with one exhausting sigh, is that although I have the odd battle wound, I've survived another one!

Tonight I'll be bringing in the New Year with the TV, fire place blazing at a more than pleasant 26C, and with a drink in one hand and my knitting in the other!

I've already phoned all my family in Australia to wish them a happy New Year.  It's now 12:30pm on 1st January in New South Wales.

So I'm gonna end this year's blog with some photos from the last week or so.

Emily's lovely Christmas card for me

The pavlova I made for Christmas dinner on 24th December

Christmas dinner on 25th December

These are the most amazing scones!! I made these over the Christmas break.  So simple!

Never Fail Scone Recipe:

There are three ingredients ONLY!  Can you believe it??  To make 12 scones:

1/2 cup of Sprite or 7 Up
1/2 cup of cream
2 cups of sifted SR flour

Place sifted flour into a bowl, and make a well in the centre.  Pour in cream and Sprite/7 Up.  Mix lightly with a fork.  Tip out on a floured board and press to 2cm thickness.  Cut quickly with a round cutter and place together on a greased tray.  Bake at 220C for 15mins.

The Boxing Week Sales were so tempting!  I have had my eye on an automatic bread machine for quite a while, and with the great sales on after Christmas I bought one!  So of course I've been making bread...and it tastes sooooo good!  Except my first loaf....that was an abomination LOL.

Cheese and herb bread from my bread machine

Sandi Pandi Neck Warmer

Nick's 8 month old great nephew, Hunter

I WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY, SAFE AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: