Saturday, October 22, 2011

Woodstock Fleece Festival

I spent a wonderful day today with two friends, Nadine and Colleen, at the Woodstock Fleece Festival.

We had an early morning start and were in the marketplace just after 9am.  It was just the right amount of busy at that time - but two hours later, and it became quite claustrophobic!  I almost had to start swinging my pointy elbows!

I hadn't intended to buy anything (indeed I only took cash for entry, gas and lunch) - but isn't it always the way that when you don't have money you find everything you've been searching for - and when you do have money, you can't find a darn thing?

So I had to break out the credit card....and on more than one occasion!

Just look at the lovely things I got:

This photo isn't brilliant, but I have three gorgeous
skeins of madelinetosh merino light
in "tart", "glazed pecan" and "kale" colourways

This kit is going to become Earth and Sky by Stephen West and will hopefully resemble something like this:

Earth and Sky by Stephen West

Then I spotted the perfect companion yarns for some special Tanis Fiber Arts Yellow Label DK that I picked up from Cotton-by-Post yesterday.

Tanis Fiber Arts Yellow Label DK "lemongrass"

Shelridge Farm DK Soft Touch "natural" and "black" colourways
And whilst browsing the Shelridge Farm festival booth, I happened across the Paradoxical Mittens pattern by Lucy Neatby. 



I'll use one skein of the Tanis Fiber Arts in the "lemongrass" colourway, and the skein of below.

Tanis Fiber Arts Yellow Label DK "teal"

And as if this wasn't enough of a yarn frenzy, then I happened across a beautiful skein of Wellington Fibres yarn that will make a wonderful pair of mittens for my sister for Christmas.

Wellington Fibres 3ply 50% Mohair/50% Wool

And lastly, I saw a magnetized pattern holder that I simply had to have.  This will make my life so much easier when I knit at night.

Magnetized Pattern Holder
Although this next photo has nothing to do with the Woodstock Fleece Festival, it is blog worthy and yarn related.  Cotton-by-Post sells these wonderful hand-crafted yarn bowls.  They are made by Laurie's Mum.  Look how pretty my newest addition is:

Pottery yarn bowl with cat motif
And now?  I'm broke!  But happy!

No comments: