Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Miserable Sod

That's me.  I'm trying to stay focused and positive, but the common cold has a stranglehold that's pushing me to the brink of defeat.  Sigh.  Cough, cough!

It's germ season again, and with the onset of the cooler weather and so much rain, germs are rampant.  I don't normally succumb to a cold at this time of year.  However, thinking back to the last few weeks of limited business at The Bloomin Bog, I would guesstimate that 75% of customers entered the shop with one kind of bug or another.  One guy was coughing so badly, I swear he was hacking up a lung!  And now I'M sick.

So here I sit, forlorn and stuffed up.  However, all is not forsaken!  This morning has been productive in a knitterly way.  Last week, I signed up for a KAL (knit-a-long) for Recipe for a Rustic Jacket by Mona NicLeoid.

Recipe for a Rustic Jacket by Mona NicLeoid

See the cable around the waist?  Well, every knitter gets to search out the cable pattern she/he wants to knit for the waist band.  After several hours of research last night, I narrowed my choices down to just two patterns.

This morning, following what I am going to call "sleep" [ha, ha], I decided on a beautiful viking cable by Elsebeth Lavold in her Sigrun jacket pattern.

To hell with work today!  I'm sick.  I'm gonna sit on the couch, cough and sniffle as required, swallow the drugs with reckless abandon, and start swatching my viking cable.  Pics tomorrow!

No comments: