Saturday, October 11, 2008

SMUG as a Bug in a Rug

Well of course I know that the idiom should really be "snug as a bug in a rug".

But, I'm not snug; not snug at all. In fact it's getting colder and cccccolder here in SW Ontario.

Instead, I'm smug. Yes. Very, very .....SMUG. Jeez, I can hardly stand myself. And this is not the first time this year I've been so smug. Remember when I finished my Tempest? Yeah, who can forget Vicky M.... And what about when I finished the Socks of Kindness for my sister....I was pretty smug then too.

Back in September I blogged about the awesome road trip to the Kitchener/Waterloo Knitting Fair? Well, amongst MANY other purchases, I bought eight skeins of Briggs & Little Heritage bare yarn (100% wool, 2 ply, 17sts to 4ins on 5mm needles, 215 yds/skein) for $3 (regularly $5.50) a skein!!!! That's like half price - PLUS I didn't have to pay tax!

Anyhoo, I bought this yarn with a view to dyeing it for two hoodies for my nieces; Emily and Karlia. I made the Pink Confetti Hoodie for my youngest niece, Jaycee, last month. All the hoodies will be Christmas gifts.

With the Ilderton Fair over, and Christmas knitting becoming a priority, I put in an order to KnitPicks for some Jacquard Acid Dyes - burnt orange for Emily, and turquoise for Karlia.

My package arrived during the week, and with the gorgeous weather yesterday, I took the opportunity to dye the yarn for Emily's hoodie.

Awww, here's Emily with me in January 2008.


Between the customers and the phone calls [it's so irritating when business gets in the way of what I really want to do] [LOL] I dyed four skeins of my Briggs & Little a beautiful semi solid orange colour. It was a little challenging at first, but I quickly got the hang of it. I was delighted with the variegated results!



And that's why I'm so SMUG. Smug as a bug in a rug!

No comments: