Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another Fair Bites the Dust

As I've done in years gone by, so I did this year. I entered 13 items in the 2010 Ilderton Fall Fair. There was one minor difference this year - ten items were knitted and only three were baked! A sign of the times - just a little too busy with the business to bake for two days.

There is always so much to see and do at an old fashioned country fair....but only when the weather co-operates. And this year it was cold, wet and muddy. Barb and I, like many others, braved the wet and cold with winter coats and umbrellas. Attendance was understandably below average, and many rides were not running, but the Arena was buzzing with activity. All kinds of arts and crafts, baking, flowers and handwork.

I was really pleased with my efforts this year - a whole bunch of ribbons to add to my collection!

Here are the knitted items:

FIRST PLACE
Rogue Hoodie
FIRST PLACE
Cell Phone Cozy
FIRST PLACE
Geometer's Sketchpad Felted Bag
FIRST PLACE

Newfie Mittens and Hat

FIRST PLACE
Andean Hat and Mittens
FIRST PLACE
Preemie Blanket and Hat
SECOND PLACE
Caramello Hilja Vest
SECOND PLACE
Hunter's Hoodie
THIRD PLACE

Here are the baked items:

FIRST PLACE
Blackforest Cherry Cake
FIRST PLACE
Egg and Vegie Casserole
SECOND PLACE
Blackforest Cherry Trifle
Not a bad haul huh?

Only one item didn't get a placing - that was a baby set.

Now I'm gonna go cut myself a HUGE slice of that winning Blackforest Cherry Cake!  Mmmm......

No comments: