Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Few of my Favourite Things....and one NOT

The weather forcast for London, Ontario today is:

Cloudy, with a 40 percent chance of showers after lunch.  High plus 5C.
Mainly cloudy tonight, with a 40 percent chance of showers this evening and after midnight.  Clearing overnight.  Low minus 4.

So, autumn is here, and that's that!

For the most part, I love fall.  And during this cooler weather, I enjoy most of my favourite things:

Knitting!
Chocolate!
Baking meat pies!
Fighting for my spot by the woodstove!
And autumn maple leaves

Amidst all this splendour, if nothing else other than to add a little balance, I present to you one of my NOT favourite things:

Mis-aligned shoulder seaming

Sigh.  Sigh.  Sigh.  What's worse is that it's my own fault.  Mis-aligned shoulders, how I loathe thee.  I converted this pattern from knitting three pieces, to knitting in one piece.  No biggie right?  Usually, no.  Once I got to the underarms, I separated my knitting.  I knit the two fronts, and all was well.  Then at the last minute, I decided to bind off two stitches at the underarm for a better fit.  I did it on the back on both sides.  What I totally forgot about was that I didn't do it for the front!!  Argh!  Hence the mis-aligned shoulders.

Following a sleepless night, I awoke this morning proclaiming "who bloody cares!".  I'm not ripping back to fix it.  And to that annoying little voice in my head:  SHUT UP!

No comments: