Monday, February 11, 2008

Celtic Cable Noro Scarf

Bonza! Another finished project! Will the madness never end? That's the great thing about having multiple WIPs at the same time. When you finish them one after the other, it seems like Christmas [smile].

And so, last night another project bit the dust. After a month of knitting, I cast off my beautiful Noro Cash Iroha Celtic Scarf. And I love it. It is so soft, cushy and green! It should clash brilliantly with my blue winter coat [lol].

I cast this scarf on while I was holidaying in Oz just before Christmas. I couldn't knit it though because I lost my cable needle and couldn't buy another one in Queensland to save my life! I hasten to add that it was the middle of summer and totally out of season for knitting gear.

Finally in the early part of the new year, I tracked a cable needle down in Brisbane at Threads and More. What a beautiful little yarn and bead store.

I started knitting in earnest once I returned to Canada, but then I ran out of yarn. So I had to order one more skein from the US [amongst other things of course - like who can order just one skein of yarn!]. Well, that took 2.5 weeks to arrive!

But........ now my celtic scarf is done - a happy ending - and here's the finished product: