Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Step 3: Turning the Heel and Figuring the Gusset (Socks on Two Circs)

Well, I finished knitting the leg - 48 rows which equalled about 4ins. I don't like really long socks....my legs are too FAT.

Since I loaned out my book Knitting Circles Around Socks, I had to scrounge around on the internet to see how to proceed knitting the heel flap on circulars. It looked pretty straight forward....but I needed the confirmation. And I found it at the Sock Knitting Tips website.

I knitted the heel flap as I usually do - Row 1: Sl1, K1; Row 2: Sl1, P to end. Thirty rows later, I was done. The next step was to pick up gusset stitches. Again, I referred to the Sock Knitting Tips website. Just as I figured....

And now I am at the point of knitting the gusset and making decreases where appropriate.

Here's the updated pics of my herbst socks:





Stay tuned for Step 4 - Knitting the Gusset