Friday, March 14, 2008

BUGGERED Bonza Felted Bag

Sometimes, bad things happen to good people....


Last night I finished knitting my bonza bag. I was thrilled with how it turned out. So many lovely stripes.... And 90% of my bits n bobs used up! The top was knit in garter stitch, and the rest in stockinette stitch, and that worried me a little bit because the top was slightly larger than the bottom....

First thing this morning I decided to felt my beautiful bonza bag. I wondered how it would turn out as I played with some of the mission falls stripes.

Did you all read that last sentence properly.....read it again......

After 20mins in a hot wash, I pulled out my once beautiful bonza bag. Uh oh......no, no, noooooooo!!!! Just look at what I did!

Mission falls is ***!!##$$$!!
superwash!
My buggered bonza felted bag is now drying on the kitchen table. Just as well I started knitting Mum's Mothers Day gift months before I actually needed it!
I can laugh about it now.......

No comments: