Friday, June 27, 2008

Bonus from WWKIP Day

From all accounts across the globe's mighty oceans, World Wide Knit in Public Day was an outstanding success. Unfortunately, I had to work that Saturday ...[how irritating is it when your career interferes with your social knitting life!]

Although I couldn't attend the gathering at Victoria Park here in London, Ontario, I was delighted to take part in a 20% off sale at Pick Up Sticks in Bradford, Ontario.

Armed with only my internet connection and my well-worn credit card I went shopping ... but I didn't go overboard! I'm saving that for a roadtrip with the girls on 8th July to Needle Emplorium's Tent Sale in Ancaster, Ontario. I've heard that the tent sale is definitely a bargain hunter's paradise.

So, my PUS [gotta luv those acronyms...] order was conservative to say the least. Today the unmistakable yarn package arrived in the post! Woo hoo! Inside, one skein of absolutely huggably soft Mini Maiden 50% wool; 50% silk in the Paris colorway, and two skeins of gorgeous Apple Laine sock yarn 50% wool; 20% mohair; 20% silk; 10% nylon in the Aqua and Army Surplus colorways.


Mini Maiden (Paris)


Apple Pie (Aqua & Army Surplus)

I haven't decided what to knit with the Mini Maiden yet....possibly a lacy little number. I have decided what to knit with the Apple Laine - the Handsome Devil Socks (slip stitch pattern) from Six_Sox_Knitalong.

Oh too many projects and not enough hours in the day to play!

No comments: