Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Tempest

Tempest (1982 - comedy/drama directed by Paul Mazursky)

A sobering mid-life crisis fuels dissatisfaction in a successful architect, to the extent where he trades his marriage and career in for spiritual exile on a remote Greek island. His hope is to conjure meaning into his life - trying the patience of his new girlfriend and angst-ridden teenage daughter.

--------------

You probably think that this movie has absolutely NOTHING to do with my Victoria Moss Tempest. On the surface it may appear that there are very few similarities, however, I did have to frog 6 inches out of MY Tempest because the written instructions were a little confusing (=I didn't read the pattern properly).

To some [hiss, hiss, curse, curse], this may not seem like such a big deal. But to me it WAS like a.....a......a mid-life crisis fuelled by the dissatisfaction of being overworked and underpaid, to the extent where I'd like to trade my marriage and career in for spiritual exile on a remote Greek island! [Hmmm....almost sounds like a movie I once read about....]

So, now with Emily's sock finished, I can truly concentrate on my Victoria Moss Tempest, and attempt to frog less and knit more!

No comments: