Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oportunistic...Moi?

I love graphics! I love Photoshop! I love manipulating graphics using Photoshop! I guess it’s fair to say that I’m somewhat of a digital image junkie, and as such, I love dpi! Lots and lots of dpi …. high resolution images; nothing less. Raw pixels. Mmm…. Mmm…. Mmm….

So, do you remember a few weeks ago when I had a good whine about the Kodak digital camera I got in March? This Kodak camera didn’t come with a Lithium-ion battery. I had to buy a charger and special AA rechargeable batteries. I hesitated about getting a camera that would only take AA batteries….and as they say “she who hesitates is lost”. Bugger!

I’ve owned two Kodaks between March 2001 and March 2008; both were great. Both used Lithium-ion batteries. The 2008 purchase was a 7MP [my previous camera was 5MP and the one before that was 3MP]. After getting the new camera home, I whined that the photos were not clear, that colours were wishy washy, and that every time I picked the darn thing up, the batteries were flat.

Surprise, surprise…. I was recently been told that for some perfectly plausible reason insanely long and ridiculous explanation the Kodak camera I bought [upgrade model?…. my ass!] was incompatible with the rechargeable batteries! Of course I had already discovered this months ago because whenever I took photos a week apart, the batteries would go flat in between! [double grrr…..]

Well, like any proud parent, I like to photograph my knitting projects. And I like to capture on film each special moment of my knitting’s growth. How am I supposed to do that with a crappy camera and flat batteries?

Sometimes when you whine loudly enough and for long enough, somebody somewhere hears you and says “why don’t you just go buy another camera?” Crikey, you don’t have to say that twice!

Exit stage left: crappy Kodak EasyShare. Enter stage right: new swanky doo Sony DSC-H50B Cyber-shot. She’s a little beauty. I love her already!

Beauty is definitely in the details of this camera. What I love most is the Lithium-ion battery; [woo bloody hoo] 15x optical zoom; smile shutter technology (captures smiles the moment they happen); infrared night-shot function; double anti-blur function; 3inch tilting LCD, and 300 photos per battery charge!

SWEET!

So, I guess you could say that opportunity knocked on my door. I grabbed it with both hands and FLEW like the wind! Am I opportunistic? You betcha [laughing].

Here are some pics I snapped during the last few days:

Grandma's Pond

Water Hyacinth

Goldfish

Baby Birds

Sandi & Shelby


Sonia's Socks of Kindness

No comments: