Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kitchener/Waterloo Fair

It's embarrassing to admit that I'd been counting down the "number of sleeps" until the KW Knitting Fair since I went last year! Ack, what's another addiction anyway!

The KWKF did not disappoint! With over 70 vendors, and two rooms dedicated to yarn, fiber, rovings, supplies, accessories, books and frenzied shoppers, it was a sensory delight to say the least! I could smell the yarn, fondle it, look lovingly at it, stroke it and talk to it - and the best part was that NOBODY thought I was nuts!!

Seems that every step I took, I bumped into another person I knew. I travelled with Nadine, her daughter Beah (possible knitting recruit in a few years...?), Colleen and Kanna. Kat and Lynn travelled together in Lynn's car, and we ate lunch with them. Right near Bedazzled and Bejeweled I bumped into Laurie and her Mum, and across from that booth I bumped into Brenda. As I walked from The Ballroom to Marshall Hall, I bumped into Sharon from London Yarns, and at lunchtime I saw quite a few knitters from the Forest City Knitting Club.

I'm delighted to say that the "bump intos" didn't impact my shopping time at all! In fact, they are all fabulous enablers [laughing]. I got quite the haul from such booths as Camilla Valley Farm, Alpaca Fibre Co-op, The Purple Purl, and Wellington Fibres.


At the back of the photo are eight skeins of Briggs and Little Heritage (only $3/skein); in the middle towards the back (pink, orange and turquoise) are three skeins of Malabrigo Silky Merino (only $9/skein); right in the center of the photo are four skeins of Noro Silk Garden Lite (only $8/skein); to the right of the Noro are two skeins of Alpaca Rovings; at the front of the photo and just off to the left are 15 skeins of Jamieson Spindrift; and at the front of the photo and off to the right are four skeins of Wellington Fibres 50% mohair and 50% wool.

PHEW!

No comments: