Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guarding Against Identity Theft

Can you tell that a I have more time on my hands now? Yup, the business season is slowing down. Customers are putting their ponds to bed for the winter. We're basically selling leaf netting, cold weather fish food, heaters and bubblers, and heron scarers and alligator decoys. We're still open seven days a week until Christmas, but then we'll close for January and February.

What this means for me right now is that I get a little more ME time. There are, of course, a gazillion jobs to be done outdoors, and as per usual I will procrastinate and end up doing them when the flakes are flying. I'll have to struggle into my winter gear and play in the water. My hands will be frozen and I'll have to stick my fingers in my mouth to get the feeling back. But I'll still leave it and leave it...knowing it needs to be done. In my defense, I'm tired; really tired. It was a long, hard season.

But enough of that. This morning I was piddling around on my computer and there they were - my two little cuddle bunnies wanting some attention and a warm place to snuggle. I had to photograph them. Who said that cats can't guard against identity theft? [laughing].


And then two nights ago we had the most amazing harvest moon! I had to photograph it.


As far as a knitting update: my Rainy Day Scarf is finished. The second of my Christmas knitting done!


My Gerlinde Scarf is about 30% done. It's turning out really nicely, but the yarn smells something awful. Anybody else noticed that with Handmaiden Mini Maiden? I'm also working on my Pumpkin Hoodie for my niece, Emily. So far so good, but the yarn is an aran weight, and for whatever reason, my left hand aches every night after I knit it. RSI?? Tendonitis? Yup, probably.

Righto, back to work. My play time is over [boo hoo].

No comments: