Friday, October 24, 2008

Sex in a Pan?

Last week I went to FABRICLAND with friends to help buy fabric for my friend's wedding dress. While waiting at the counter, I saw a Fabricland cookbook "Sew What's Cooking" on display. As I flipped through the pages, drooling, a woman comes up behind me and says "oh I love sex in a pan"!

My jaw dropped! Yes, it did. I decided she wasn't talking to me. But when I glanced back, I discovered she was!

Nervously, I replied "I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear you". So she repeated it. "I like sex in a pan. It's at the end of the book". So my fingers, screamed to the back of the book, and there it was on page 104! A dessert! Oh for pete's sake....

Apparently this is a popular Canadian dessert. It's a sort of slice. Chopped pecans/walnuts, flour and margarine pressed into a pan, and topped with creamed cheese, icing sugar, cool whip, chocolate and vanilla puddings and a shaved chocolate bar!!! Yowza!

Now onto the knitting news.

I'm supposed to be knitting at Starbucks tonight, but I haven't heard from anybody, so who knows! Given the smidgen of spare time, I figured I'd blog for a while.

So to start the fun....I finished my sister's Jacaranda Lina. It looks great and is a fabulous fit. I used Cascade Dolce, a worsted blend of wool, silk and alpaca. The yarn was lovely to knit with. It's beautifully smooth and doesn't split, so the hat has lovely stitch definition.


I'm still knitting away on my niece's Pumpkin Hoodie. I've finished the back and am now decreasing for the armholes on the front. This is knit from Briggs & Little Heritage that I dyed. The chunkier yarn is a little more tiring to knit with, but it does knit up fast.


I'm one third of the way through my mother's Gerlinde Lace Scarf. I'm sort of enjoying the knitting. I like to knit while I watch TV, so this is not the ideal project for that. However, I do love the yarn - Mini Maiden in the Paris colorway.


And lastly, I started a lace shawl class at my LYS last night. Following careful instruction, I cast on "Karen's Water Turtles Shawl" by Alison Jeppson Hyde, and published in Wrapped in Comfort: Knitted Lace Shawls. The yarn I'm using is Fiddlesticks Zephyr Laceweight Wool-silk (50% silk, 50% wool). I chose the turquoise colorway. It's really lovely. Methinks this will be a labour of love!

No comments: