Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random Facts Meme

I’ve been tagged by Nadine for a Random Facts Meme. Now I'm not saying that I have a clue in hell what a "Meme" is ... but I can certainly ramble on with random facts.

So here are the rules:

Link to the person who tagged you. Post the following rules on your blog. Write six random things about yourself. Tag six people at the end of your post. Let each person know he or she has been tagged. Let the tagger know when your entry is up [not sure what this means either].

Random Facts About Me:

1. I am the oldest of three kids, born and bred in Australia from a German Mum and an Austrian Dad. I live in Canada and am married to a Canadian who was born in England! So I am multicultural, and I love it! I have relatives in Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Australia (of course). I can understand German very well, but speaking, well ...... I many mistakes often make [lol].

2. I LOVE chocolate. Lots of chocolate. I was introduced to Smarties when I was 4yr old, and have never looked back. I eat chocolate every single day. In fact, if I was to estimate how much chocolate I eat in a year, I'd have to honestly say "a gazillion tons". OK, that might not be entirely true, but 60lb would be embarrassingly true! And I can only do it because I work hard. Put me behind a computer and office desk, and I pack on the pounds too!

3. I am a closet disco fan! There I’ve written it for all the world to read. Saturday Night Fever will always be at the top of my DVD list. Some of my fave songs from that era (in no particular order) include:

ABBA - Dancing Queen
Bee Gees - Night Fever
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife
Chic - Le Freak
KC & The Sunshine Band - Give It Up
Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
Diana Ross - Upside Down
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
Van McCoy - The Hustle
The Village People - Y.M.C.A.
The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood.

4. The longest job I've ever had was for twelve years at Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW, Australia. I began as a Stenographer, then promoted to an Administrative Assistant 3, then 4, and then a Secretary to the Dean and Professor of the Graduate Research College. I absolutely *loved* my job, and only left it to move to Canada.

5. I am a life member of Friends of the Koala (FOK) in Lismore, NSW, Australia. This honour was bestowed upon me a few years ago as a result of more than 15 years involvement helping koalas. Conserving Koalas and their habitat in the Northern Rivers of NSW is something I've always been passionate about. Until you see your first koala joey, about the size of a man's thumb, you can't truly appreciate how amazing these marsupials are! Phascolarctos cinereus rules!

6. I used to ride a motorbike. I owned two of them at different times in my life. My first motorbike was an 80cc Honda Scooter. It had an automatic clutch. I *loved* that bike. My second motorbike was a 250cc Kawasaki. Now that was a real bike. I rode many, many kilometers on that thing, including 135km each way to visit my boyfriend! And I almost bought a very sexy third motorbike - a 250cc red Suzuki! Oh that was one sleek ride. But, as is always the case with density destiny, I got a job in another city and really needed a car. It was far too unladylike to ride to work in leathers [LOL].

So enough about me. Let's tag some people:

Preita, Laurie, Brenda, Ellen, Jenny and Linda.

No comments: