Thursday, November 13, 2008

Have you seen an Aussie Santa?

My Aussie Santa - he wears swimmers! I swear it. And why wouldn't he? Aussie Christmases are green and warm. Well OK, maybe a little warmer than simply - warm. Hot. Yes. If you agree that 30C is hot [hehehe].

When I was little, I remember so many Christmas dinners being prepared whilst standing in front of a cooling fan. Mum and I would be wearing our swimmers, and every hour we'd drag our sweat-drenched butts down to the river for a swim....

Can't picture that? Well here's what my idea of Christmas is:


And for those reading my blog, you'll already know that I'm going home for Christmas!! My tickets are booked and I'm off to the surf, sand and sunshine on 10th December! Woo hoo!

I've been knitting like a mad woman for Christmas - so many gifts; so little time. It's always kinda weird sending or taking knitted gifts to Australia. Afterall, 25th December is high summer downunder - and no need for knitted woolies... But I'm a knitaholic - and I think the family understands!

So without further ado, I present to you two more knitted Christmas gifts!

Here is Emily's Pumpkin Hoodie. The zipper installation still pisses me off - I just can't get it to sit nicely [grrr......]. This is the Briggs & Little yarn that I hand dyed.


And here is Mum's Gerlinde Lace Scarf. Although I was doing more tinking than knitting at first, by the time I got half way through it, the stitches were flying off the needles. This was my first lace project; hence the tinking!

The photos do not do it justice. The scarf is so amazingly soft; it shimmers and shines and is just beautiful. I knitted it from Hand Maiden Mini Maiden in the Paris colorway.




Now I'm working on Karlia's Pacific Hoodie. Thank God this is the last hoodie. I'm all hoodied out!

No comments: