Sunday, January 25, 2009

New on the Needles

5:15pm - London, Ontario

It's still light outside, but only just. Gotta love that the days are getting longer now. After having just spent a month in Australia, I got used to it being light until 9pm!

So, I’ve spent the last ten days in the guise of “jetlag” doing absolutely nothing [whisper] except knitting and roving around on Ravelry. Sshhh….. The music is cranked thanks to a 3-cd Christmas gift from my brother and sister in law. How did they know?? Hmm... well, obviously, they didn’t, but nevertheless my foot is tapping and I am singing badly loudly to the “One Hit Wonders of the 80’s”.

Oh my God!! What a top song....."Spirit in the Sky". Ha!

Yes, I’m procrastinating. I honestly do have a megaf**kton of work to do to start the business season. But when I look at the amount of work versus the time left to do it, well you get the picture……hence the dawdling.

Yesterday there was a Clockwatchers Sale on at London Yarns. 25% off all Cascade yarns between 1-2pm. Armed with my knitting patterns, Astoria (Marnie MacLean) and Ayla (Jordana Paige) I purchased my ten skeins of the lovely stuff.

Oh man, another blast from the past "St. Elmo's Fire"!

I've done a bit of a Photoshop hash to change the colours - this is sort of what my Astoria will look like.

The yoke part is turquoise, the stranded work is turquoise and natural (undyed yarn) and the bottom of the sleeves and the body is in teal heathers.
I had to buy the pattern [gasp], but fell in love from first glance! The pattern is very well written with lots of graphs, detailed instructions and stitch and row checks at the end of each section!

Again with the help of Photoshop I hashed the original to change the colours - this is sort of what my Ayla will look like.
I'm making this backpack for Jaycee Mae for her 4th birthday in April. As you can see, she adores the colour yellow....

With these two fabulous projects enticing me, how could I possibly think about work...?? Oh yah, that's right...gotta work to pay for yarn. Bugger!
OK, come Monday, I'm going to put the knitting away and do some real work. Honestly. Truly. Would I lie about something like that??
Double bugger..........

No comments: