Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Life in the Creative Lane...

Despite work bogging me down [punn intended] I had time to do some much loved things this last week.

On Monday I planted! A grass garden for around our Inuksuk [glorified bird house]. I chose native grasses because of the birds, and designed the garden to look like a snake. The Inuksuk is of course made of wood, but he does stand over 8 feet tall!


On Wednesday I baked! Nothing fit for royalty, but none-the-less some good home-style baking. I made some chocolate chip muffins. There's a funny story behind the chocolate chip muffins. Every time this year that I made muffins or a birthday cake for one of my staff, Dave (salesman extraordinaire) always askd "where are the chocolate chips"? So, with this in mind, I made him the world's biggest chocolate chip muffin! Of course the staff hassled him and complained about favouritism and brown nosing [laughing].


On Thursday I shopped! Our mission was to get to Cannadale Garden Center's Customer Appreciation Weekend. And we weren't disappointed. We got some fabulous plants, and our staff built this lovely little garden from them. Total cost: $100 (including the cedar chips)!

On Saturday I sewed! Yep, I dragged out my old faithful Singer and whipped up some totally awesome knitting project bags. I found some great fabric - chocolate brown with knitting needles all over it! What was a girl to do but make project bags.



On Sunday I knitted! And much to my delight, I finished off my Seagreen Easy Goings socks. I used Lornas Laces sock yarn in the Huron colorway. This is the second time I knit a short row heel and love it! Thankfully I don't have a high arch, so the short row heels fits me just fine. I also improvised a little and added a bit of cabling to the instep.


Then on Monday I baked again! This time I built a pavlova for a pot luck dinner. It was delicious, as was all the food! Knitters sure can cook well [smiling].


Of course the week was not all fun. Afterall, I have a business to run. But, quite honestly, I don't remember a more creative week. And it felt GOOD!

No comments: