Wednesday, July 8, 2009

These Socks Were Made for Walking

...and that's just what they'll do.....

My new socks that is. I cast them on last week, and completed them last night.

So, OK, they are only shortie sneaker socks, but another project is completed and ready for wearing [smile]. And it's still summer....or is it??

This was an easy knit pattern. Although a five row pattern repeat, it was simple to remember. The most notable thing for me is that this is my first short row heel with wraps! And I must say that I LOVE SHORT ROW HEELS. Up until my Shibui Reds, I'd always knit a heel flap and picked up stitches for a gusset. Somewhat painful when knitting two socks at a time on circs.

With this pattern, I did knit a short heel flap since they are short little ankle biters. The pattern, Summer Sneakers No.1 "Lotta" by Wollhuhn, called for a short row heel of my choice. So I followed along with Cat Bordhi's - Wrapping & Turning, Concealing Wraps YouTube video. It was brilliant!

I'm a convert!

Since these socks were knit from Lang Jawoll Color Aktion (cotton), I used the supplied reinforcing cotton and held both strands together for the heels and toes.

So, without further ado, I present to you my Jaywoll Sneaker Socks:


The next technique I'd like to learn is toe up socks. Maybe over the winter months when I have room in my head for something new [heh!].

No comments: