Thursday, October 29, 2009

Spooky Knit Night

BOO!

Ha-ha-ha-haa [insert blood curdling and ghoul-like laughter]

...before I write about the Spooky Knit Night, let me quickly babble about some of my lovely yarn aquisitions this week.

First off, while surfing my friends' blogs, I noticed that Anne from She Ewe Knits, Milton, Ontario, was having a closing down sale. Although somewhat sad, she assures me she is moving forward and onto bigger and better adventures, so I'm smiling between my frown lines.

Wait a minute...did you hear me mention a SALE? Oh my! Some of my favourite yarn too! My credit card coughed and gurgled at the end of my stash enhancement, but I'm now the happy owner of 19 more skeins of Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift (Fingering, 4 ply, 14 wpi). The colours are all complimentary (earthy tones), and what's more, they even match the load I had in my stash! As a bonus, I got a fabulous hoodie pattern: Rogue, by Jenna Wilson. It was on sale for $1, but Anne tossed it in for free! Thanks bunches Anne :-)

Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift
The day after the Shetland arrived, there was another package! This one was all the way from the UK. It contained a 128g skein of beautiful sock yarn (VG Utopia High-Twist Merino), and a 55g skein of gorgeous hand-dyed 55/45 silk/cashmere. I'm going to knit a cowl from this delicious skein. Despite it being called "aran", it really is what we term as worsted.

VG Utopia Sock Yarn

Silk/Cashmere

And lastly, yesterday a package arrived from Atlanta, US. Inside, eight delicious skeins of Cornelia Hamilton's Heaven's Hand Wool Classic (worsted) in the chocolate colourway! This yarn is specifically for my Rogue Hoodie. And I suppose that if I hate the hoodie, I could always eat it! [laughing....]

Heaven's Hand Wool Classic

And now........THE SPOOKY KNIT NIGHT!

Last night, a few of us got together for a knit night! It was a lot of fun, and as always we chatted about the good, the bad and the ugly! Our fabulous host, Lynn, arranged the usual yummy snacks, and we knitted and laughed and petted and laughed some more.

Lynn's house was adorned with halloween decorations - from skulls, spiders and rats, to ravens, bloody handprints and jars of eyeballs! It was brilliant! I'll let the pics do the talking:


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: