Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Some Mittens and a Party

Well, after all my cosmic ramblings, nothing's happened!  A few more odd dreams, but nothing else.  Brilliant I say!  Damn brilliant.  I don't need cosmic forces working against me [laughing] - I'm battling enough already.

In my last post I mentioned some mittens I was knitting - Selbuvotter #7 by Terri Shea.  I finally settled on some colours - brown and olive.  I wasn't thrilled with my colour choices, but beggars can't be choosers!  I resolved to knit from my stash, and my Shetland Spindrift stash was lacking in any sort of natural colorway.

The mittens turned out spectacularly well!  And I'm not just saying that cos I knitted them.  They fit like a glove and they are so, so pretty.  I struggled with the thumbs....don't know why.  Well, I do really - I was watching too much TV and not watching what I was doing!

Showtime:

Mogit Selbu Mittens (front)


Mogit Selbu Mittens (back)


And on Saturday 16th January, I was invited to a birthday party for Kathryn .... one balloon, no cake - but a sparkler in a dessert!  We ate at East Side Mario's (a little taste of Italy) across from Masonville Place.  I ate too much salad and bread to finish my meal, but I took the left overs home and they lasted all of five minutes.

Party Goers





No comments: