Thursday, November 11, 2010

Every Year - Same Thing

... No matter how early I start the Christmas knitting, I'm scrambling to finish my projects by mid November.  And where's the joy in that?  The added agony is that I must finish the knitting in plenty of time for Canada Post and Australia Post to deliver my yarnie goodness in time for Christmas!

Can you believe that I started knitting Chrissie projects in ... [just checking] ... July!!

Note to self ... there are special places for people like me ....

So, massive knot in back of neck, aside [I wonder whether I have knitter's knotty neck syndrome?], I feel like I've knit a mile a minute during the last three weeks.  This morning I cast on the second Easygoing sock for Mum, thus completing the knitted gifts that are Oz bound!  Yay [reads:  freakin thank you God YAY!!].

Hopefully my family won't take a sneak peek at this blog....cos I'm blogging the FOs (finished objects).

SPOILER ALERT! 
MY FAMILY SHOULD NOT SCROLL ANY FURTHER.... 
GO FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO!

IF YOU DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER IMMEDIATELY,
YOU WILL ENDURE TWO WEEKS OF ROTTEN LUCK....
OR SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN ;-)

Dad's Mistaken Alpaca Sox

Cougar Cap (for Jaycee)

Whale Cap (for Karlia)

Tease's Cell Phone Cozy

Emily the Tiger (for Emily)

And because I'm truly MAD, I attended the first of two classes last week (taught by Joan from Little Red Mitten) to knit the Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman.  This one is pretty mindless knitting, and there's no deadline for completion!  I'm using Viking of Norway SportsRagg yarn in variegated royal and dark blues.
Seneca, by Jared Flood has been on hold for a while now.  Poor Seneca.  I'm hoping to get back to her in a few weeks!
WAIT, THERE'S MORE....
More Christmas knitting that is!  That lot up there, plus a whole whack of other projects, is Oz bound.  There's still the Christmas knitting for my Canadian family.....including three spoiled cats [whispering - and if they are good little kitties, Santa might bring them some felted catnip toys!!].
Now I'm done....LOL....

No comments: