Thursday, November 25, 2010

I've Got an Oweeeeeeee!

Silly girl....what was I thinking?  Well, obviously I wasn't too smart!!  Yes, I should have known better - blah, blah, blah..... [sob, sob]

-----enough of the scolding------

My thumb hurts :-(  And the cold makes it hurt more.  And I've got things to do.  And I don't have time to have an achey thumb!  And I need a cuddle [sniffle, sniffle]....or chocolate at least!

-----enough of the pity party------

As you all know by now, I'm cranking out the knitting projects at a furious rate.  Christmas is only ONE MONTH AWAY [gasp].  My knitting motorway has been quite smooth despite the congestion and occasional bit of knit road rage.  Yes, there was the odd little bump in the road, a little detour and backtracking here and there, but all in all the road was clear.

Until the slick conditions yesterday!

I thought I'd enjoy a knitting layover, and pick up the hand-spinning instead.  Afterall, I needed some handspun for my next project - Turn a Square by Jared Flood.

-----bit of background info-----

When I was at Little Red Mitten earlier this month, I picked up some wonderful Zen Yarn Garden Superwash Merino Roving (4oz).  The colourways are gorgeous - hot pink, black, gray, burgundy, smoke and mauve.

And when I was at the Woodstock Fleece Festival last month, I picked up two skeins of fabulous 100% Black Welsh Mountain Sheep Wool (3ply aran weight) in the black and the gray colourways.

So, yesterday I dug out my lovely little Jenkins Turkish Spindle, and spun and spun.  I reckon I spun almost half of the roving, and enjoyed myself on and off for probably 5 hours.  Truth be known, I couldn't put the darn spinning down!


And now I have a big oweeeeeeee!  My spinning thumb is so cramped up and so achey, I just wanna cut it off [boo hoo].  See beginning of post....silly girl.....  As I lay in bed this morning, lamenting my poor sore thumb, there was a moment of weakness when I fleetingly considered using my other hand for spinning! [smack, smack]!  See beginning of post....silly girl....

So now here I sit, unable to spin, unable to knit, barely able to type!  But all is not lost cos I can still use my sewing machine!!  And that's just what I'm gonna do!

No comments: