Thursday, March 17, 2011

Awww....My Belated Birthday Blog

Yeah.....normally I'm content for my birthday to slip by quietly like a thief in the night.  I'm not one to make a big fuss about getting older growing up :-)

But this year my birthday didn't sneak in at 12am on The Ides of March and out again at 12am on St Patrick's Day.  This year my birthday celebrations started a week early with a wonderful package from Toronto!  And two days later, another two little packages!

Do you wanna see what was inside the Toronto package?

Ta daaaaaaaa......
ViewSonia ViewPad 10.1" Tablet
This little sweetheart is a dual boot tablet that supports both Windows 7 and the Android operating systems for the best of both worlds.  Features include an LED backlit multi-touch screen with a 1024 x 600 resolution, built-in Wi-Fi, battery life of 4-6 hours, 1.3 megapixel camera, two USB ports, G-Sensor and E-Compass, 2W speakers, headphone jack, microphone jack, mini VGA slot, webcam, SD card slot, and 16G HD.  Including the battery she weighs just 1.93lb (875g)!

SWEET!

Inside the two smaller packages - wireless router and wireless D-Link USB adapter.  Yup, pretty boring...BUT they enable my laptop, desktop and tablet to become wireless and Wi-Fi friendly :-)

Then yesterday, umptyleven messages from well wishers on Facebook, loads of birthday emails, phone calls from family and friends, a wonderful home made lemon bundt cake with chesse frosting, BBQ for lunch, badly needed haircut AND a mini DVD writer for my new ViewPad!

Crikey!

And today, an awesome caramel cheesecake/birthday cake from my friend Roxanne.  Our birthdays are a week apart, so on Friday we'll share this calorie punching dairy product of deliciousness :-)

Thank you so much to everyone for making me feel so special on my birthday.

Here's a photo of my bbq'd birthday lunch (yup, that's a mega sized T Bone steak there.  It was lunch and dinner)!


And here's a pic of my cake and short hair!


PS.  I still don't like birthdays!

No comments: