Work is my worst enemy...namely The Bloomin Bog. Gotta make hay though while the sun shines!
According to my KnitMeter, I've been productive since 17th March....a total of 4,320 yards of knitting! The list of finished projects is long and boring, so I'll just post a few of the highlights:
|Featherwieght Cardigan by Hannah Fettig|
Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Lace; Siena
|Galaxy Hat by Rose Beck|
madelainetosh pashmina; copper
|Make up Your Mind by knittedblissJC|
Kollage Yarns Luscious; Cherry
|Sally Secretary Monkey by Patons|
Patons Wool Classic and Cascade 220
- March 27: My mother in law died following 7 weeks of intensive daily care.
- April 1: New employees started at The Bloomin Bog.
- April 7-10: My sales manager and I worked The Bloomin Bog booth at the London Home and Garden Show.
- May: Cool and wet weather made a slow start to our business season. Thankfully by Victoria Day the place was hopping!
- June: One of our male employees was roped into learning how to knit! He's doing really well - his first real project is Turn a Square by Jared Flood.
- July 1: Canada Day - we went to a bbq and saw some wonderful fireworks.
- July 9-10: Customer Appreciation Weekend at The Bloomin Bog.
- July 16: I received a phone call from Suzanne at Cotton By Post inviting me to run her yarn booth at the London International Quilt Festival.
- July 31: All Bloomin Bog employees finished their work contracts - except for the sales manager. Roxanne worked another two weeks.
- August 2: Visit from the Environmental Officer from DNR - we got a smack and a fine for selling bullfrog tadpoles!
- August 4: Donated some of my delicious O+ blood to the Canadian Blood Services. I believe that I will convert one Canadian at a time into an Aussie [LOL].
- August 8-14: London International Quilt Festival - The Quilts of Hawaii.
- August 15: Rescued a beautiful little gray male kitten. I called him "Smokey". I enjoyed his company for a week until Hillside Kennels picked him up for adoption. So sad...
- August 16: Notified my family that I will be "coming home" for Christmas this year!
A certain highlight of the year to date was the London International Quilt Festival. What a totally amazing event! I had a blast. Will make this my next post cos there are a lot of photos.
Well that's quite enough from me.....more soon, I promise!