Thursday, February 28, 2008

Two Socks on Two Circulars

I'm progressing well with the two socks at a time on two circs. It hasn't all been clear sailing however. Twice now I've picked up the wrong end of the needle and knit a row before realising the error!

The first time I did it, the scene was not a pretty one! Not only did I knit onto the wrong needle end, but one of my balls of yarn decided to "fall apart" and tangle in the worst possible way - at exactly the same time!

By the time I'd untangled the yarn and put the ball back together [=1 hour later], my frustration and colourful language had already spiralled out of control! I still had to figure out what the *f...* I had done wrong with my knitting, and how to get the two circs back to normal......[insert more colourful language here].....

The second time I knit with the wrong end of the needle, I hadn't actually let go of the needle ends when I realised it, so it was a simple case of tinking that row back and picking up the right needle end.

Here's my progress: