Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bewdy Bonza Felted Bag

Although feeling somewhat miserable today (cold sore AND sore throat) (playing the pity card here as hard as I can!) I did finished my Betta Bonza Felted Bag, and I don't mind saying that it is bloody brilliant!

I love, love LOVE it and I know my Mum will too!

I heavily modified Angela's Fabulous Felted Bag - not only the number of stitches, the type of yarn, and the needle size, but also the number of rows and gauge.

I designed and knitted a tag for the bag with "Mum" written on both sides. If you recall, this is a Mother's Day gift. I designed the tag using Microsoft Excel [a spreadsheet program] and knit it using the stranding method of knitting [similar to fair isle].

The bag was 27ins tall and 47ins around when I'd finished knitting it. The tag was 7.75ins long and 4.75ins wide when I finished knitting and sewing it up.

I put both items in a pillow case and put a rubber band around to keep it closed. Then into a hot wash with two towels.

Just 10mins later, the bag was beautifully felted to a size of 15ins tall and 38ins around. I let the tag wash for a further 5mins before pulling it out. It's finished size was 5.5ins long and 3ins wide.

I'm absolutely delighted with the finished product.

If you're interested in the pattern, send me an email and I'll send it to you!

No comments: