Monday, March 31, 2008

Karlia's Koifish Socks

I still feel like death warmed up - sore throat is still sore despite bombarding it with chicken soup and garlic. My sinuses are blocked and my muscles hurt - classic flu symptoms [blah...]. I'm popping the pills, but as we all know, a virus is a virus is a virus and the pills only help ease the symptoms.

Despite the flu, it's hard to keep a good gal down, and if you think a flu would stop me from blogging and blazing a trail in Ravelry, you don't know me very well [laughing].

My adorable niece, Karlia, will be celebrating her birthday in June when she'll turn 5 yrs old. So I am, of course, knitting for her. I have two projects on needles for her birthday - Diagonal Lace Scarf knit in Shepherd Color 4 Me variegated yarn; and Koi Socks from the Koi Collection knit in Junghans Wolle Junghans Freizeit Bamboo - also a variegated. Karlia looks absolutely beautiful in turquoise/aqua and green [compliments her beautiful hair and eyes].

The socks are very patterned and I adapted the Koi Fingerless Gloves pattern to suit a child's sock. I cast on 48 stitches for this one because Karlia is very tall and has a 20cm long [can you believe it!] foot. My foot is only 23cm long and I'm a size 7 (average).

Here's where I'm up to with the Koifish socks. I'm using the Magic Loop Technique here (one long circular needle):


And here's the Diagonal Lace Scarf:

No comments: