Friday, March 21, 2008

Hey Presto!

Last week I was roaming around Ravelry and reading my favourite knitting blogs. Not an uncommon passtime for me at this time of the year - but all of that is about to change as soon as the weather turns a mild shade of warm [shaking fist towards the sky!].

Amongst many others, I love to read my friend Nadine's blog - Balkan Style (no, not the yoghurt!).

One of the Balkan's [kinda sounds alien...] T, posted up a photo of her recently completed Presto Chango baby sweater! As soon as I saw the photo, I knew I wanted to make one too. T very kindly sent me the link to the pattern.

I went to Michaels Craft Store and bought some Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds in a lovely pastel blue shade with flecks of brown and white, and cast on straight away. This was such a super fast knit [being chunky yarn] and I love, love, love the idea of knitting several front panels that can be alternated depending on when and where the sweater is worn!

Three nights knitting in front of the tele and it was done; sewn up, buttons 'n all!

The sweater is a surprise for my friend Kanna's beautiful baby boy, Takumi. He's 6 months old now, so I made the 12 month size:


And now I'm going to kick back on this GOOD FRIDAY and do some knitting on my Mum's Bonza Felted Bag 2! I think we all remember the ill-fated Buggered Bonza Felted Bag 1....

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL!

No comments: